We are currently expanding our web team and are looking for a PHP Web Developer with a passion for coding. As an experienced PHP Developer, your main responsibilities include the production, modification & maintenance of a back-end platform used by customers & staff. This involves working closely with other developers.
- Maintain 1 bespoke platform that serves all our internal, corporate & customer facing websites
- Develop new feature requests and enhancements within the specification outlined.
- Create efficient reporting facilities using framework’s ORM
- Optimisation of code for efficiency and scalability
- Integrating & maintaining XML, JSON & REST web services
- Creating & extending libraries for reuse
Skills and experience required
- 3+ Years OO PHP & MySQL experience
- MVC Framework (Zend)
- WAMP / LAMP Stack
- SSH & Basic Server administration
- External web service experience (XML, JSON, REST)
- HTML5 & CSS – Twitter Bootstrap
- JS / jQuery
- Excellent written & spoken communication
- Ability to identify and fix bugs across browsers.
Beneficial but not essential
- Git / Bitbucket Version control
- Experience in caching technologies
- AWS (amazon web services)
- OO PHP & MySQL: 3 years (Required)
- MVC Framework: 2 years (Required)